Studies show that people from all background and beliefs can go through addictions phase. There are many factors that can lead to addictions such as the environment you are in, the genetic factors, and sometimes taking these substances for fun. Addiction is not because of weak morals or willpower, but it is because of the chemical reactions in your brain that makes one addicted while not others. No matter what your reason is, addiction to any substance is dangerous and cause severe effects. Here are some risks related to addiction.
1) Physical and Psychological Dependence: Addiction to any substance may it be drugs, alcohol; prescribed medicines can make you dependent on the substance completely. Sometimes it becomes difficult to do simple tasks without taking these substances. It becomes your physical as well as psychological need to take it.
2) Health Issues: Prescription drug addiction can cause many severe health issues. Here is a list of few health issues that are caused because of prolonged use of drugs:
- Respiratory issues
- Blood borne diseases like HIV or hepatitis
- High or Low Blood pressure
- Lung or Kidney damage
- Impotency and infertility
- Learning and memory issues
3) Relationships: When you are under the influence of any substances you are not in your own control. You might end up harming yourself or the people near you, affecting your relationship with them. Family and friends support you in difficult times but they can do very little if you are not able to get over your problems. Many of us face these issues, even I have been through this but I got healthy at this rehab and recommend it to everyone who is facing these problems. Addiction does not only damage personal relations but also affects your work relations and you can face severe issues like losing your job.… Read the restRead More